TLC points = $$$ Register for The Love Club this month and you'll get 300 points added to your account so you can use that towards your next Love Wellness purchase! Already registered? Don't worry we have exciting things in store for you so keep showing your love here on TLC!

Are You Manifesting Your Dreams?

JenlehrJenlehr Posts: 85Member, Medical Advisory Board ✭✭✭
edited November 11 in Jennifer Lehr

The dream is the vision or image in the distance calling to us.

Inspiration is the spark that starts us on the path towards our vision.

Habit is the engine that gets us there.

We all have dreams. Dreams of a great relationship or dreams of having a family. Dreams of owning a business. Visions of success or happiness.

We often get inspired to act on these dreams. We fall in love. We decide to take a trip somewhere we’ve always wanted to go. We resolve to get healthier or lose weight and start a diet. Or perhaps we choose to go back to school. Inspiration sets the course that we intend to follow. 

Inspiration is the thought, the idea, the turn of our momentum towards the dream and desire. Inspiration is the light illuminating the path. Yet, without developing a habit, our inspiration will not be enough to get us to our goal.

Habit is where the work is. Habit is where we daily choose and choose again the path that will take us to our desires. Habit is where we must over and over, say, “No, I will choose the apple, not the piece of cake.” Habit is where we pick up the book and read the next chapter of our studies. Habit is making time for and working on our relationships. Habit is the action, the walk. It is where we take each step, our feet on the ground, one after the other.

First, think about your dreams. What are they? What would you like to manifest in your life? Do you believe you can accomplish your dreams? Remember, even the most successful people in the world were once little babies learning to crawl. As they got older, they had dreams, were inspired to go after them, and developed habits that would get them from point A to Z.

Have you been inspired to take a course of action to get you to your dreams? Think of three things you are currently taking action on or would like to take action on. If you have trouble with this, then consider what may stop you from feeling inspired. Often people have a problem with inspiration when they are depressed or have feelings of low self-worth or hopelessness. If we don’t believe in our own power and ability to accomplish our dreams, it is difficult to get inspired. Our thoughts may stop us. We may tell ourselves that our dream is not possible. 

Once you are inspired, are you practicing developing habits to follow your inspiration and make your dreams manifest? Have you developed a practice to keep you moving even when your inspiration is dulled by disappointment, a feeling of defeat or frustration? A habit can be nourished with a thought like “The time I am putting into learning about myself, and my partner is worth it! It will help us create our best relationship.”

What stops a person from building the habits that would get them down the path towards their goal? We can get lazy. After all, it is generally easier to go to the movies than it is to work on a project that may be difficult or challenging. We may also lose sight of our dream because habit requires that we live in and take action in each moment. Habit isn’t about dreaming of the future or hoping something will come to pass. Habits don’t just happen. A habit requires that you make a choice each moment. You could see each of these moments as a zig-zagging line. For example, I exercised yesterday (because I want to be fit), but today, I decided I didn’t feel like it. Obviously, each day (or most of them) you’ve got to go back to the choice of exercising on that day, or you will not get fit.

One concept I have found useful in choosing which actions to take and which habits to reinforce is discerning between what is urgent and what is essential or important. This concept is called the Eisenhower Decision Principle, and it was popularized in Stephen Covey’s book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Basically, you want to attend to those items that are important before those that are urgent. So, for example, it is crucial to get ready for my exam. But what feels urgent is that my sister is calling and wants to talk. If we choose what is urgent instead of what is important, we may find that what is important falls by the wayside. In this case, we might have a nice conversation, but we fail our examination.

There are any number of apps (mobile and desktop) and other tools to help you in developing habits to get you to where you wish to be. There are apps for fitness and apps for diet. There are apps for dating and apps for music. There are apps for travel and there are apps for scheduling Here is an article: 6 Great Apps to Build New Habits. You only have to search to find what you need. 

If you want a great relationship, WeConcile is a great program for couples that will guide you as you build the habit of looking at and working on your relationship with your partner – and help you get to the dream of a great relationship. 

Manifesting our dreams is part of our life’s journey. Believe in yourself. You can manifest yours.

Source:

Image: https://imgflip.com/memetemplate/38494664/dancing-in-the-sun

artofmanliness.com/articles/eisenhower-decision-matrix/

Comments

• taishanycetaishanyce Posts: 84Member ✭✭✭

@Jenlehr needed this! I’ve been feeling very stuck in almost every aspect of my life 🙃

• JenlehrJenlehr Posts: 85Member, Medical Advisory Board ✭✭✭

@taishanyce Glad you found it helpful!!😀

• jhorton73jhorton73 Posts: 13Member ✭✭

I was just talking about setting goals with my friends. I think many of us forget that as you get older you still have to set goals big and small to give you purpose in life. I think fear keeps us from achieving those goals. Fears such as age, time, money or lack of confidence often get in the way. I think you made a great point of taking small attainable steps towards your goal so it is not overwhelming is the most effective way to be successful. Small victories will encourage you to keep working towards your goal. Just go for it! What do you have to lose?

• rs8655rs8655 Posts: 1Member

I'm currently revisiting my 2019 goals ahead of the holidays and New Year. I want to make sure I don't lose sight of them and what I need during the upcoming holidays.

• JenlehrJenlehr Posts: 85Member, Medical Advisory Board ✭✭✭

@jhorton73 @rs8655

Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you are both working on your goals! 😊

I'm adding increasing happiness to my goal list.