Chickpea Blondies from Love Wellness Advisor Molly Knauer
This fiber filled, protein packed and gluten-free chickpea blondie recipe that Molly shared with us in her monthly 'What The Doctor Ordered' list has our sweet tooth v satisfied!
1 blondie has 120 calories, 3.5 grams of protein, 7 grams of sugar, and 2 grams of fiber. I love that there is also no refined sugar needed, just a bit of maple syrup....although I did have a heavy hand with the chocolate chips.
- Cooking Spray
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until smooth and batter-like.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then add the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 blondies.